Why Content Marketing Works 0
Posted On November 24, 2022, by Admin
Have you struggled to grow your service or professional business through word of mouth or referrals alone? Have you thought of other ways to connect with potential clients? If not, we have an idea — content marketing.
Since every business’s foundation is trust, content marketing can help you nurture it. Once you show your clients that your company has experience and expertise in the field, they will be more willing to put their hard-earned money in your hands. Creating a content marketing strategy can help your business grow and establish a positive reputation with potential and existing customers.
This article will examine the importance and benefits of content marketing for businesses. It will also cover different formats of it and how to get started effectively.
What Is Content Marketing?
Content marketing refers to creating awareness and interest in your products and services through digital content such as blogs, email newsletters, webinars, social media posts, podcasts, and videos. By publishing useful, valuable and relevant content, you can show your expertise, boost SEO rankings, emphasize your services’ value, and, most importantly, educate your target audience.
Rather than trying to sell clients something using aggressive call-to-action statements, such as ‘’Buy now!’’, content marketing offers them something of value. It will help you gain new clients and strengthen relationships with your current ones.
Your business could become more visible and highly positioned in search engine results for related keywords (words and phrases people type into the Google search bar) if you publish high-quality content on your website consistently. It also means your practice is perceived as an industry leader in your industry.
Why Is Content Marketing a Must for Businesses?
Business leaders might not consider content marketing at the top of their to-do list, but it should be. In today’s digital age, an effective content marketing strategy can transform your business. In contrast to other marketing areas, content marketing strategy does not immediately generate new clients. It is an effective approach that takes time.
Using content marketing effectively and adequately can lead to:
- Establishing your business as an experienced professional in your field
- Making sure people who need your services know about your brand
- Maintaining your business’s visibility to current and prospective customers
- Cementing your brand loyalty and attracting new leads
- Forging new connections online
- Attracting word-of-mouth recommendations
- Setting your business apart from the competition
How to Get Started With Content Marketing
In general, businesses tend to overcomplicate content marketing. The number of tools and strategies available for reaching your audience is limitless, making it easy to get carried away.
However, they forget that marketing relies on a few fundamental principles — knowing your target audience, having a unique message for them, presenting that message using the right format, and ensuring it appears in web searches. Creating content marketing doesn’t have to be troublesome as it can work if you adhere to specific processes. The most important ones are:
- Defining your content marketing goals — Identifying your objectives is crucial to set clear goals, whether it’s seeking new clients, building awareness among the current ones, or something else. Once you define your goals, you can determine what type of content to produce and which format is the most suitable for your business.
- Creating an ideal client profile/buyer’s persona — Knowing your target audience is another vital aspect of your content marketing strategy. When you understand who you’re talking to and their pain points, you can offer solutions to their problems.
- Building your marketing funnel — The marketing funnel, or sales funnel, identifies and qualifies a sales lead (a potential client interested in your services or product), determines where they are in the buying process, and develops strategies that move them even closer to the sale. The funnel consists of three parts — top (awareness stage), middle (evaluation stage), and bottom (purchase stage). It’s worth noting that you must create different content for each funnel stage. In the awareness stage, leads identify their problem, and your content can be the solution. This is when they become aware of your existence. In the evaluation stage, your content educates and nurtures the leads, helping them narrow down their options. Finally, in the purchase stage, leads are ready to convert and make a purchase.
- Choosing the relevant topics you want to cover — You can find inspiration by asking your audience about their struggles, checking online trending topics, or analyzing what your competitors share. But above all, your content must be high-quality because it will represent your brand.
- Optimizing your content — Optimizing your content will help you rank higher in search engine results and attract more ideal clients. This is called SEO or Search Engine Optimization. If you use the right keywords and share quality content, you will generate organic traffic (people who visit your website from a search engine, such as Google, rather than paid sources) to your website.
- Determining what platforms to share your content on and the best time for that — It is best to choose one or two marketing channels, stick to them, and develop consistency. Jumping from one platform to another will not prove fruitful. Additionally, you must know when to share your content, as this is when your audience will most engage with it.
- Use CTA (Call-to-Action) — CTAs are essential as they tell your audience what to do next. For instance, you can invite them to subscribe to your newsletter, click the ‘’Buy now’’ or ’’Contact Us’’ button, etc.
- Measuring the impact of your content — You must measure the success of your campaign, regardless of the platform you use. These statistics will show you how well your content performs, and you will know what works and what doesn’t.
Different Formats Businesses Can Use for Content Marketing
Once you know what your content plan is, you can choose the format you want to use. In addition to blogs, there are many other options available. Some of the commonly used content formats include:
- Articles — If your firm has already set up a website, it is a good idea to start publishing blog posts and content on relevant topics. As a result, your website traffic will increase, and your audience will receive free and valuable information.
- E-books — E-books may take longer to create, but they allow you to cover more topics. You can offer them for free if you want to educate people but still focus on strengthening your authority in the field. Alternatively, requiring people to buy them can generate income for your business.
- Whitepapers — Businesses often create whitepapers or resources for their colleagues and clients. Typically, these include case studies, research presentations, or commentary on a particular aspect of your field. Furthermore, offering whitepapers as PDFs allows you to monitor how many people have downloaded them, enabling you to suggest future topics or make necessary improvements.
- Guides — Guides typically provide step-by-step instructions on reaching an objective. You can create guides in either article or video format as long as they cover all the necessary information.
- Videos — Many companies rely on video content to appeal to their target audiences. Using videos, you can present them with digestible information and something they can watch on the go or while working. The most popular platforms for that are Instagram, YouTube and TikTok.
- Webinars — Webinars are another great way to establish yourself as an expert. In the end, it’s essential that your team showcase their expertise, whether through a webinar or speaking during another company’s presentation.
- Infographics — Infographics help you convey key information in a visually appealing format to engage and educate your audience. Besides publishing it on your website, you can also share it across your social media channels and use it as often as you want.
- Email newsletters — As a part of retention marketing, email newsletters remind customers about products and services you offer or keep them updated on company developments. Newsletters are also a great way to drive traffic to your website and increase sales.
- Interviews — Whether you conduct interviews via video, podcast, or transcription, they are a great way to share new perspectives and insights with your audience. By interviewing well-known industry figures, your firm can establish credibility and authority. In addition, they may share your interview with their followers, which can help you expand your reach.
Content Marketing Benefits
You can achieve outstanding results through content marketing when it is targeted and done well. Implementing a content marketing program will result in the following benefits:
A properly managed SEO strategy increases your company’s chances of appearing in your target audience’s search results.
Since the most industries don’t produce many blogs, especially good ones, this is the perfect niche to spread your brand awareness. Once people start looking for answers to their business questions, your blog will show up in their search results. Then, you can provide them with adequate solutions, and they will be more likely to contact you again when they need products or services in the future.
A social media presence and a website aren’t just about attracting attention but also connecting with customers. Scaling your business requires you to build relationships. Providing assistance to your followers on social media and engaging in conversations will increase your followers’ trust in you.
The entry costs are incredibly low because content marketing involves a lot of writing, recording videos or podcasts, and designing e-books and infographics. The only cost if you do it yourself is your time. With content, you can attract new clients and increase revenue with little investment.
A business must keep the customer at the forefront of its mind when creating content. That’s the only way to succeed. Define your marketing content objectives and create the strategy accordingly. In terms of content, you can post anything — the more ideas you have, the better. Lastly, don’t forget to stick to one or two communication channels and post consistently.
Schedule a call today with one of our team members to discuss your accounting or tax needs – For More Details, Click Here.
This blog is not meant to provide specific advice or opinions regarding the topic(s) discussed above. Should you have a question about your specific situation, please discuss it with your GBA advisor.
GBA LLP is a full-service accounting firm in the Greater Toronto Area, but we primarily service all of Ontario as well as the rest of Canada virtually, except Quebec. Our team of over 30, provides Audits and Reviews of financial statements, and Compilations of financial information, as well as corporate tax returns. We provide specialized corporate tax and succession planning for small and medium businesses, in addition to general advisory services.
If you would like to schedule a call to discuss your accounting or tax needs with one of our team members, please complete the free no obligation meeting request on this page.